Recommend Localbitcoins alternatives now that they require KYC/AML

crypto

I've always bought most of my bitcoin from Localbitcoins.com because I think that buying from individuals gives you far more privacy than buying from exchanges like Coinbase who are likely to report you to the IRS or other government agencies. If you are indulging in activities that are illegal in your country, like gambling, it also makes it far more difficult for the authorities to link you to those activities. Unfortunately, they announced that they want users to provide identification soon so they are going down the Know Your Customer / Anti-Money Laundering route also.

As soon as that happens I'm gone so can anyone recommend some safe alternatives to Localbitcoins?

Marathonbet

you could try a decentralized exchange like Bisq. they operate similar to a regular exchange like gdax or bitstam except that they are not hosted centrally and it's completely open-source so there is no management team to prosecute. Because of this you can trade a number of crypto including bitcoin, litecoin, dash and monero without having to do any kyc/aml. they offer an escrow service so you don't need to thrust the other person you are dealing with.