Patriots Matt Corral waived off exempt list after QB reportedly left team without notice before season opener

backup quarterback was absent from the team in preparation for the team's season-opener against the on Sept. 10, . Corral, who was picked up by the team on Aug. 31, was placed on New England's exempt list on Sept. 9."He's in Reggie Jackson Jersey exempt status, and I don't have any comment on it," Belichick said after the Patriots' Week 1 lo s. "That's a personal matter."Reports had surfaced about the Patriots' the second-year quarterback, but The Athletic's report stated that New England was still trying to determine Corral's future with the team. New England's current depth at quarterback includes starter and primary backup .Ultimately, the team from the exempt list Monday, per the transaction wire. was also released from the practice squad after signing with the Patriots last week.Corral, 23, was a third-round pick of the last April. He was released by the team on August 30 after not attempting a pa s during his rookie season. Kawhi Leonard Jersey Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the Quentin Richardson Jersey "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Corral enjoyed a succe sful college career at Ole Mi s that saw him throw 49 touchdowns against 19 interceptions during his final two Mfiondu Kabengele Jersey years on campus. And despite being one of the top-rated quarterback prospects entering the 2022 draft, Corral elected to play in that year's Sugar Bowl. Unfortunately for Corral, he left the game early after sustaining an ankle injury in Ole Mi s' eventual lo s to Baylor.Corral opened up about his experience with depre sion during an interview with Yahoo Sports in February of 2022. During the interview, Corral talked about how he underwent therapy during his college years and how that allowed JaMychal Green Jersey him to come out of his shell as a player."You know, I'm not going to say that life's easy every single day. It has its trials and tribulations," he said . "But having your vices, understanding yourself, (knowing) where you're at mentally and how to prevent certain emotions and just being able to control them (has helped). "Keep it under control, and keeping the main thing the main thing is keeping God first and understanding that it's not about you."