NFL Week 6 picks odds Patriots upset white-hot Cowboys Browns take down unbeaten Cardinals

Two bad weeks in a row picking games for yours truly. I'm just staring four miles up the standings at my good friend Mr. Ryan Wilson, aka the sharpest football tout in the country right now. on the season.Will this all come crashing back to earth on him? Probably! But I wanted to acknowledge it now and not in any way attempt to jinx him.Anyway, before we get to the picks I just want to point out that this Jon Gruden stuff is me sy and it is ugly. It is not cancel culture. You can't write what he wrote in those emails. It doesn't matter how old they are.To suggest otherwise ignores the most basic evidence for how bad the emails (and potential future emails are): Gruden walked away from $60 million within an hour of those emails surfacing. And the job he resigned from he basically ruled the roost. He ran the Raiders. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. He quit an e sentially Marcus Allen Jersey omnipotent gig running a football team with $60 million left on his contract. He wasn't canceled. Arguing about it is pointle s, so instead of arguing, take a minute and listen to Chargers coach Brandon Staley's pre s conference discu sing the situation. High-level leadership stuff here: I think what youll discover is that we have so much more in common than not Los Angeles Chargers (@chargers) Onto the picks.Thursday, 8:20 p.m. ETTV:Fox|Stream:fuboTV ()Follow:A war of attrition broke out on Thursday night between Tampa and Philly: Rob Gronkowski is ruled out, Dallas Goeddert is out because of COVID-19. Lane Johnson remains out with a personal matter. An already banged-up Bucs defense will be mi sing Antoine Winfield, Jr. and Lavonte David. Tom Brady is dealing with a right thumb injury but carries no injury designation and both Antonio Brown/Chris Godwin are clear as well. Ryan Jensen is questionable and worth watching given how good the interior of the Eagles defensive line has been. This game profiles of nothing short of a shootout -- get in the way of this over at your own peril. The Bucs are a ma sive pa s funnel, are even more banged up and the Eagles have given up 40+ points to the only two good offenses (KC, Dallas) they played this year. But there are lots of ways for 52.5 to come up short, whether it's mi sed kicks, turnovers or red-zone woes. I think the Eagles are capable of hanging in this matchup. Yes, Brady and that offense can pull away at any moment, but the lack of help on the backend should keep the Eagles in this game late. The pick:Bucs 35, Eagles 31Props, Best Bets: Eagles +7, Tom Brady over 297.5 pa sing yards, Devonta Smith over 5.5 receptionsSunday, 9:30 a.m. ET (London)TV:CBS|Stream:paramount+ ()This matchup is a little bit like taking a giant platter of Chick-Fil-A nuggets, putting them on a ship to England with zero refrigeration and serving them up to the Brits while explaining how this is one of our country's favorite foods. There does appear to be a good chance we'll be showing off two top-tier young quarterbacks in Tua Tagovailoa and Trevor Lawrence. The Jags remain winle s but it might be Miami who is more desperate here. The chatter about the Dolphins giving up a potential top-five or top-10 to the Eagles -- courtesy of the Jaylen Waddle pre-draft trade -- is growing more loud with each pa sing week. The Jags have a better built-in fanbase overseas, but Miami is still the favorite on this neutral site game. Weird things happen in these London games, so I'm going to begrudgingly take the points with two terrible teams and back the Jags and Trevor Lawrence here.The pick:Jaguars 21, Dolphins 18Props, Best Bets: No chance Sunday, 1 p.m. ETTV:CBS|Stream:paramount+ () The Colts took a very rough L against Baltimore on Monday night after squatting on a big lead late in that game. They're 1-4 and in any other division, Indy would need to be thinking about ratcheting down Carson Wentz's snaps to avoid giving up a really high draft pick. In the AFC South, they simply need to find a way to win this game. Get to 2-4 and hope the Bills take care of busine s against the Titans and the Colts would be one game back of first place. Laremy Tunsil is out for the Texans in this one, which is gonna make Houston a tough pill to swallow against the spread. The Texans are 30th against the run by DVOA, so we could be looking for yet another explosive game from Jonathan Taylor. We don't have any props for this game yet but I would venture Taylor opens up in the 80-ish range and I'd like the over based on the matchup and how he's run this season.The Pick: Colts 21, Texans 13Bets: Jonathan Taylor over rush yards TBDSunday, 1 p.m. ETTV:CBS|Stream:paramount+ () Sneaky shootout potential in this matchup. As (subscription article, but well worth the price), the Chiefs are still pa sing a lot and moving quickly. WFT has one of the worst secondaries in the league, . The Chiefs are actually worse, checking in at 31st in pa s defense. And Washington moves quick, with a top-10 pace acro s the league. All of that sets up for a ton of points scored here. Taylor Heinicke has played three top-11 pa s defenses: Buffalo (first), New Orleans (fifth) and the Chargers (11th). In those games he hasn't topped 250 pa sing yards and has three picks and three touchdown pa ses. Against two bad defenses (Giants, Falcons), Heinicke averaged 313 pa sing yards, completed about 70 (!) percent of Clyde Edwards-Helaire Jersey his pa ses and threw for five touchdowns and just one pick. This could be a Terry McLaurin blowup spot against KC's secondary. Obviously the Chiefs will be able to answer any points scored.The Pick: Chiefs 38, WFT 35Bets: Over 55.5, Over Heinicke pa s yards TBD, Over McLaurin receiving yards TBDSunday, 1 p.m. ETTV: Fox|Stream:fuboTV () If you aren't already feeling bad for the Lions you don't have a heart, you Tin Man. Dan Campbell's team lost in Week 4 to a record-breaking kick from Justin Tucker -- one which bounced off the cro sbar and flipped in no le s -- and then managed to steal the ball from the Vikings, score a touchdown, convert a super-aggre sive two-point conversion ... only to see the Vikings bang home a long field goal too. The Bengals are a good defense and should limit Detroit. But I refuse to believe Campbell's team will give up, at least not yet. The Lions check out as a below-average team on both sides of the ball. The Bengals might very well be an elite defense (top 10 in DVOA!) but offensively they haven't quite gotten things rolling yet. I'm going to bat with the Lions at home ATS here, knowing the Bengals keep things close and Detroit just refuses to give up. The Pick: Bengals 21, Lions 20Bets: NopeSunday, 1 p.m. ETTV:CBS|Stream:paramount+ () Week 6 is too early for full-blown MVP talk, but there's no question this particular matchup could/should have an impact on the MVP race, with two fringy candidates in Justin Herbert and Lamar Jackson squaring off. Lamar set the all-time record for completion percentage in a game with 40+ pa s attempts during Monday's exhilarating comeback win over the Colts. Justin Herbert's win might have been MORE exciting, the insane finish over the Browns just didn't happen on a standalone prime-time slate. There's no way to really find a best bet in this spot, because it's such a close game I think it probably comes down to late in the fourth quarter. Brandon Staley is a ma sive improvement over Anthony Lynn in terms of game management and I'm not sure I picture the Ravens completely slowing down Justin Herbert and this loaded Chargers offense. This could end up turning into a similar blowup like the Browns game last week. Again, I'll take the points in a crazy shootout.The Pick: Chargers 31, Ravens 28Bets:Lean overSunday, 1 p.m. ETTV: Fox|Stream:fuboTV () There is nothing more terrifying than trying to talk yourself into betting the Bears against the Packers and then looking up Aaron Rodgers splits against Chicago, all while knowing how ugly things get for Chicago