Alter Sacrifice : Killing the innocent

bosco

Administrator
Staff member
I have a number of Alt accounts, this was no problem for stake in the first two years. But in the last year stake have been demonizing users with alt accounts. Stripping them of entitlements, removing access to site functionality and restricting participation in the stake community.

Why did I create those alts.

1: Avoid harassment
This is by far is the primary reason for creating an alt. In the early days stake had Direct messaging. If you think begging is a problem today in chat, you have no idea of how bad it was with DM. It was impossible to concentrate during play. If it was known that you had money, as soon as you won anything the messages would come flooding in. The notifications would block your bet settings, and you couldnt see how much was being bet. I have lost thousands of dollars due to this. Beggars would add you to their friend list and whenever you logged in you'd get a stream of "Whats up bro". The only way to play in peace was to create an alt, which could be done in seconds, and it gave you instant relief from the beggar/scammer mayhem, and let you play in peace.

2: Shared Seed
Second reason for me is I like to stick to one game one seed so I know where I am in a game. Because stake share the seed amongst all the originals. This meant I couldnt play other games or I would lose my sense of place in Limbo for example. So an alt gave me the opportunity to play dice on one alt and limbo on another for example and still have a sense of where I was in either game.

3: Stake were fine with it
Stake had no problem with players creating alts. Eddie as my vip host would reload them all. So long as you weren't scamming then go for it was the attitude.
If anything by using an alt, I lost out. I would be diamond vip level if I had stuck to just one account, but for reasons cited above I couldn't stick to just one account.

I haven't created an alt since stake got rid of DM.

So now I have several platinum level alts, I invested in those accounts put time and money into them and brought them up through the vip ranks. I did so with the support of stake who facilitated the creation of alts without any objection. By wagering each of those accounts earned the benefits and entitlements that were given with the level they achieved.

Over the last year (due to KYC I guess) stake have been demonizing players with alts, they have been stripping my alt accounts of any benefits and entitlements that I have earned legitimately over the years. Reloads which I am entitled to have been removed with no explanation. Two accounts have been frozen I can't use them at all, others Im not allowed to deposit into.

At one time I expected fair and reasonable behaviour from stake's management Team, I expected them to keep to past agreements, honour their commitments, stick to their word, because that was how the stake team used to operate. Sadly this is no longer the case.

If someone doesnt honour past agreements, what do you think they will do in the future?